When you are wrestling with the grief of losing someone that you love, it can be hard to face the task of arranging a funeral or cremation. Many times, family members are in a raw emotional state, resulting in a situation where rash decisions are made that drive up the overall costs of the funeral services. It is important that you choose a trusted funeral service provider in South Charleston, WV that can help you work through the services you should consider.
Cremation Costs and Add-On Fees
In most situations, funeral homes offer several package options for cremations and full funeral services. You also have the flexibility to design the cremation plan to match your preferences. Don’t hesitate to call ahead to learn more about pricing and services available from the funeral home of your choice.
Here are some of the add-on fees that might influence the cost of the cremation, as well as strategies to minimize these expenses:
- Transportation Costs: Often, transportation is included in the package if you are located within a certain radius of the funeral home location. Extra fees might be added if a longer distance needs to be traveled. Choose a company located in South Charleston, WV so that you can avoid extra transportation costs.
- Embalming and Viewing: Is it important to have a family viewing before the cremation is complete? If you want to have a formal visitation or viewing, then your costs will go up. Skipping the viewing is an effective way to cut down the money that will be paid for the services.
- Cemetery Burial: Cremated ashes can be buried in a family cemetery plot if desired. If you want a cemetery burial, then you should expect expenses for the headstone, burial services, graveside services, and more. Other options are to scatter the ashes or keep them in a memorial urn.
- Ceremony Location and Planning: Holding a funeral or memorial in the funeral home will have an impact on the price of the services. Instead of paying for the use of the facility, consider the option to plan services at your church or in a community center, park, home, or anywhere else that you desire. You also have the option to choose direct cremation if you don’t want to hold a formal gathering.
- Bring an Urn: Funeral homes provide caskets and urns, giving you options if you want to purchase these products through the company. Or, you might be able to find a cheaper urn from another provider. The funeral home can’t refuse to use an urn that you bought online or at another location. Buy a cheaper product or build an urn if you desire.
If you are on a budget, the cremation might be an effective way to help you save money. For more information, we invite you to have a conversation with Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home & Crematorium. For details, you can check South Charleston, WV cremations. We have a local funeral home that you can visit: 1118 Virginia St E Charleston, WV 25301. Our staff is on call 24/7 to answer your questions and support your needs: (304) 342-81351