A funeral guestbook might not be at the top of your priority list when planning a funeral in South Charleston, WV. But, you shouldn’t overlook this detail of the day. It can be a challenge to think through all of the planning that needs to happen. So, you will find it beneficial to work with an experienced funeral home for guidance in the process.
At Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home & Crematorium, we have many years of experience in the industry. Over the years, we have developed detailed checklists to ensure that nothing is overlooked in the planning process. A guestbook is one thing that we often recommend for our clients.
Why a Guestbook?
Having a guestbook will help you remember everyone who attended the funeral services. It can be an overwhelming day for the family, making it hard to remember everyone who came to the event. Instead of relying on your memory during this time of grief, a guestbook will allow you to look back to the friends and family members who came to support.
Plus, a guestbook gives the attendees an opportunity to share small thoughts and memories about the deceased. This information can be a valuable way to honor the person and keep their legacy going forward.
Unique Guest Books
If you want to keep it simple, a basic guestbook is sufficient. Or, you might create something unique, to have a book that shows the person’s hobbies or interests. Here are a few ideas that you might consider:
- Picture Frame: Choose a photo that you love, and have a wide mat that people can sign. This frame can be hung on the wall as a small memorial for the deceased.
- Photo Book: Add pictures and pages in the book where people can write thoughts and memories. It is best to keep the scrapbook pages separated so that several people can write in it at the same time.
- Stones: Small, smooth stones can be used to remember guests. Then, the stones can be placed in a memory garden where the ashes are scattered.
- Quilting Squares: Find comfort in the option to wrap up in a blanket designed in honor of the deceased. Funeral attendees can share their name or a thought on a quilting square. Then, the blanket can be assembled and kept as a family treasure.
- Leather Book: Did the deceased enjoy working with their hands? Choose a nice leather-bound book to use for the guest list. Include a few photos so that people can see the deceased when writing their messages.
Whether you are planning a traditional funeral or a unique memorial, a guestbook can be an important part of the process. Our team is working hard to support your planning. We can provide recommendations that will suit the needs of your family.
For more information, talk to us here at Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home & Crematorium. You can come to our funeral home: 1118 Virginia St E Charleston, WV 25301. Or, call if you would like to schedule an appointment: (304) 342-81351
For details, you can check South Charleston, WV funeral home.